The hottest launch of summer is almost here – the second annual Sunglass Hut Floating Store. And every day 3 people will win a $100 gift card with our Sun Sea Scene competition. Just check-in to any of your social networks and then enter the competition on board with our check-in crew.
FLOATING STORE ‘SUN SEA SCENE’ COMPETITION – TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. These terms and conditions are for a Sunglass Hut’s Floating Store Competition, to be conducted over 4 days (Nov 15 – 18 2012) on the Sunglass Hut Floating Store, with a chance to win 1 of 3 x $100 Sunglass Hut gift cards each day of the competition (the “Competition”). Information on how to enter the Competition and the entry registration process forms part of these terms and conditions of entry and is the property of the Promoter. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions and the Facebook terms and conditions of use and related rules on www.facebook.com
2. Entrants acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Any information provided as part of the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
3. To be eligible to enter the Competition, entrants must be aged 18 years or over and residents of Australia (“Eligible Entrants”). Employees and their immediate families of the Promoter and its related entities and agencies connected with the Competition are eligible to enter.
4. The Competition dates and times are as follows (during Floating Store trading hours):
15 November 2012 , 10:00am (AESDT) – 10:00PM (AESDT)
16 November 2012, 10:00am (AESDT) – 10:00PM (AESDT)
17 November 2012, 10:00am (AESDT) – 12:00AM (AESDT)
18 November 2012, 10:00am (AESDT) – 6:00PM (AESDT)
5. To enter the draw, Eligible Entrants must ‘Check-in’ via social media (e.g. Check-in to the Floating Store on Facebook Places, Tweet on Twitter, or post a photo on Instagram) when they board the Floating Store and then enter the Competition by submitting to the Floating Store ‘Check-in’ staff their First name, Last Name, Email Address, Mobile Phone Number and answering the following questions:
1) What is your favourite sunglass brand?
2) In 3 words, tell us why
6. Eligible Entrants may enter the Competition once each day. Eligible Entrants are only eligible to enter once per day and only entitled to win a maximum of one prize per entry.
7. Entries must be received by the following times (during Floating Store trading hours):
15 November 2012 , 10:00PM (AESDT)
16 November 2012, 10:00PM (AESDT)
17 November 2012, 12:00AM (AESDT)
18 November 2012, 6:00PM (AESDT)
8. Each prize consists of one $100 Sunglass Hut gift card to be used in Australia. There are a total of three prizes to be won each day.
9. The value of the total prize pool of the Competition is AUD$1,200 (including GST). Prizes are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. Prizes must be taken as described and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as described. [term of voucher apply]
10. This Competition is a game of skill, chance plays no part in determining the winner/s and each valid entry will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) based on the judging criteria specified by the Promoter.
11. The entries will be judged on the basis of originality and creativity of answers given by the Promoter at The Floating Store on Darling Harbour on:
Judging of the 15 November 2012 Competition: 16 November 2012, 9:00 AM (AESDT)
Judging of the 16 November 2012 Competition: 17 November 2012, 9:00AM (AEDST)
Judging of the 17 November 2012 Competition: 18 November 2012, 9:00AM (AEDST)
Judging of the 18 November 2012 Competition: 18 November 2012, 6:05PM (AEDST)
12. Winners will be notified by email and/or phone within 2 days of the draw.
13. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of these terms and conditions and the Competition is final and binding on every person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into.
14. The Promoter will contact the winner via phone to obtain their postal address. The prize will be dispatched by post to the winners within one week of the winner providing his or her postal address to the Promoter.
15. Any unclaimed prizes will go to the next best valid entry or entries and this will be judged on 26th November 2012 at 10am at Luxottica Head Office, 75 Talavera Road, Macquarie Park, NSW 2112, in order to distribute any unclaimed prizes. Winners will be notified by email and/or phone within 2 days of the judging.
16. The following additional terms and conditions apply to the Sunglass Hut Gift Cards the Prize:
Treat this card like cash. Lost, defaced or stolen cards will not be replaced or refunded. Redeemable for purchases at Sunglass Hut stores in Australia only (excluding Sunglass Hut concessionaires in Myer stores). The funds available can be verified on request in store or at time of purchase at Sunglass Hut. Cannot be exchanged for cash or refund. No change will be given. If purchase exceeds available card balance, you must make up difference with another payment method. Cannot be reloaded. This card expires 12 months from the date of issue. We reserve the right to change any terms contained in these Terms and Conditions at any time. For full terms and conditions visit www.sunglasshut.com/au
17. The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Unless otherwise nominated, the winner’s prize will be sent to the address held by the Promoter for the entrant.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions of entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Competition which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if the Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
19. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s or its agent’s premises, no responsibility is accepted for prizes damaged, delayed or lost in transit and after they are released to the winners. All prices stated are in Australian dollars and include GST. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Sydney.
20. In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not respond to a prize notification within 3 months, then that prize will be forfeited by the winner.
21. Should an entrant’s contact details change during the Competition, it is the entrant’s responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
22. The: (a) Promoter, the Promoter’s related entities and all agencies associated with the Competition; and (b) the employees, agents, directors and contractors, of all entities referred to in paragraph (a) above, shall not be liable for any loss or claim, action, demand, liability, damage, cost, expense or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to any direct, indirect or consequential loss), incurred, suffered or sustained by any person or entity (without limitation) in connection with, or arising from, the Competition or the acceptance or use of a prize, except that which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law). Nothing in these Conditions of Entry limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. Without limitation on the foregoing, the Promoter is not responsible or liable for any costs, loss or damage arising out of any incorrect or inaccurate information, or information provided by the entrant, any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions, any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant, any costs whatsoever associated with use of the prize or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
23. By participating in the Competition, or by accepting a prize, all entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Promoter, Facebook Inc., Facebook Ireland Limited, and the and each of their subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies, officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including, without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Competition, or possession, acceptance, and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Competition-related activity and claims based on publicity rights, copyright infringement, trademark infringement, intellectual property rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or modify the Competition for any reason, subject to any written direction given under applicable regulation and, where necessary, with the approval of the relevant lottery authority.
24. If for any reason the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to any written direction given under applicable regulation and, where necessary, with the approval of the relevant lottery authority.
25. In the event that a prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure it, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or greater value, subject to approval by the relevant lottery authorities.
26. All entries become the sole property of the Promoter and the Eligible Entrant (or in the case of a minor, the Parent or Guardian of the Eligible Entrant) acknowledges and agrees that all intellectual property rights in the entries, including answers to questions required for entry into the Competition whether existing in a tangible or intangible form or format, will vest absolutely in the Promoter on their creation, and the Eligible Entrant assigns to the Promoter all existing and future right, title and interest (including all intellectual property rights) in the entries.
27. The Promoter is Sunglass World Holdings Pty Limited (ABN: 12 066 329 931) (ACN: 066 329 931) of 75 Talavera Rd, Macquarie Park NSW 2113. Free call 1800 556 926 in Australia.